- Free Internet access
- Chrome browser on your desktop
- A Google account with a Gmail email
- Visit vocabulary-journal.com and click the red "CHROME WEB STORE" or white "ADD TO CHROME" button as shown below
- Click the blue "Add to Chrome" button and wait for a minute
- Click the Extensions button in your Chrome toolbar, as circled in green below
- Pin Vocabulary Journal in the extensions menu to the toolbar by clicking the button circled in green
- Open a webpage, for instance vocabulary-journal.com, and select any word or phrase; you'll see a menu bubble popping up
- Click the heart-plus button, and the word/phrase will be highlighted
- Or click the button on the right side for more operations with the context in a box bubble; login for your first time
- Click the Vocabulary Journal icon in the browser toolbar to check or search your personal context hoards
New pricing policy
- We apply a Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) pricing model
- You'll not be asked to pay for the first 6 days
- You can quit at any time and download your data to your local machine
- Basic features are always for free
Frequently asked questions
- Why can't I login?
Please try with a Gmail email.
- Why is the context blank if the selection is the whole sentence?
This application is for vocabulary aquisition, and hence words or phrases no longer than 5 words are its building blocks. If all your need is highlighting please give this extension a try: web-highlights.com
- Why can't the phrase be highlighted?
Make sure that the phrase contains less than or equal to 5 words, otherwise the selection will only be stored but not be highlighted.
- Why have all contexts of a word/phrase disappeared?
If you have unhighlighted a word/phrase all its contexts will be marked as deleted. In the next version you'll find them somewhere, and you can also reinstate them when it is necessary.
- Why should I accustom myself to this application?
Word meanings and translations are not directly provided as that in the traditional classroom or other apps, but studies have proved that simply taking a test will improve memory. This is the linchpin of Vocabulary-Journal.com.
- I already have a dictionary software, then why do I need Vocabulary-Journal.com?
Vocabulary Journal serves a different purpose from a traditional dictionary. While dictionaries are used primarily to look up the meanings of words, Vocabulary Journal functions as a powerful personal vocabulary management tool for keeping track of and organizing your own collection of words, contexts, notes, etc. It also lets you know when and how to efficiently review those words and sentences by providing you with intelligent exercises. Additionally, Vocabulary Journal allows you to obtain the contextual meaning of any string.